A.G. Rhodes at Wesley Woods Job Openings
We are hiring for a full-time Activity Assistant at our Wesley Woods location:
1819 Clifton Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
We are a 5-star nonprofit health care organization, established in 1904, and rated as one of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s “Top Workplaces” for six consecutive years!
We pride ourselves on providing expert, compassionate and person-directed care to our elders. As a leading nonprofit, we are able to put our resources back into our community. We have a high retention rate, and strive to provide a rewarding and top-notch workplace for our associates. Our associates are our most important asset. To demonstrate the value we place in our associates, A.G. Rhodes offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and a best-in-class working environment!
When you work at A.G. Rhodes, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Excellent benefits package available to full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurances, Health Savings Account (HSA) with $500 funded by employer, and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full-time associates enjoy generous paid time off (PTO) with 9 paid holidays, and part-time associates accrue PTO and have 1 paid holiday
- Retirement benefits
- Discounted employee meals
- Energetic and engaging work environment
- Ongoing training
- Nursing scholarship program eligibility for full-time associates
- Work-life balance
- Free on-site wellness coach
The Activity Assistant will help plan, organize, develop and direct quality activities for residents, and ensure that the recreational, physical, intellectual, spiritual and social needs of each resident are met in accordance with all laws, regulations and A.G. Rhodes standards.
The Activity Assistant will (1) aid in creating a remarkable activity program, (2) lead daily scheduled groups and one-on-ones, and (3) carry out various projects assigned by the Activity Director.
- Represent the Activity Department in care plan meetings.
- Lead and train individual and group volunteers.
- Assist in planning and implementing the monthly activity schedule.
- Report to the Activity Director regarding any changes with the residents’ health and participation levels.
- Assist in maintaining supplies and inventory.
- Attend all requested in-services and continuing education workshops.
- Abide by all policies and procedures within the facility.
- Perform any duties as directed by the Activity Director.
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Document resident participation levels and activity interests.
- Must be able to work well under stress and be able to think on their feet.
- Lift over 50 pounds and be on your feet for long periods at a time.
- Public speaking, storytelling and motivational speaking skills.
- Microsoft Word experience
- MUST be personable, patient and able to maintain a positive attitude on a daily basis.
Send your resume to HRWW@agrhodes.org.
A.G. Rhodes Health & Rehab is one of Atlanta’s oldest nonprofits and most trusted leaders in senior care. A.G. Rhodes provides therapy and rehabilitation services, short-term recovery and long-term care at three metro Atlanta locations.