A.G. Rhodes of Atlanta Job Openings
Maintenance Assistant/Floor Technician, full-time
350 Boulevard SE
Atlanta, GA 30312
The Maintenance Assistant/Floor Technician performs daily cleaning of facility floors ensuring a clean, attractive facility in accordance with all laws, regulations and A.G. Rhodes standards. Reports to the Director of Environmental Services or Department Head.
- Works throughout facility (i.e., resident rooms, therapy rooms, dietary, offices).
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Involved with residents, associates, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, associates, etc.
- Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and in other positions temporarily as necessary.
- Subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day.
- Possible exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Prior health care experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of environmental services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing environmental services functions in the long-term care facility.
- Must be willing to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have the ability to implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the environmental services department.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and transfer a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Email your resume to HRAtlanta@agrhodes.org or call 404-688-6731 with questions.
This position is at our Atlanta location, which is near Grant Park at 350 Boulevard SE, Atlanta, GA 30312.
A.G. Rhodes Health & Rehab is one of Atlanta’s oldest nonprofits and most trusted leaders in senior care. A.G. Rhodes provides therapy and rehabilitation services, short-term recovery and long-term care at three metro Atlanta locations.