Generation Connect Service Camp
Generation Connect is a program that promotes intergenerational relationships between youth and elders. From June 8-12, 2020, Generation Connect will hold its annual Service Camp, a week-long educational and fun opportunity where teens engage in meaningful volunteer projects and learn important life skills. Watch a video recap of last year’s week-long camp.
Selected teens will:
- Volunteer in direct service at A.G. Rhodes Wesley
Woods, a nonprofit nursing home near Emory University.
- Earn service hours towards graduation or club requirements.
- Gain leadership skills through volunteer management and advocacy.
- Engage in meaningful activities that will enhance a college application.
- Learn about various careers in health care, and work alongside industry experts.
- Make new friends and have fun!
- When? Mon., June 8-Fri., June 12, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Where? A.G. Rhodes Wesley Woods at 1819 Clifton Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30329
- How Much? The cost is $100 per student, which includes meals and snacks, a t-shirt, a field trip, all expenses associated with volunteer projects, and an end-of-camp party.
Application & Requirements
- Rising ninth through twelfth graders are eligible to apply.
- Teens must be available for the duration of the camp.
- Teens who are 18 years old must also complete and pass a criminal background check.
Contact Kim Beasley, Director of Volunteer Services & Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-245-4111.
Generation Connect is a program partnership between A.G. Rhodes, a nonprofit nursing home provider, and Pebble Tossers Inc., a nonprofit youth service organization and family volunteering resource.