Generation Connect Service Camp
Generation Connect is a program that promotes intergenerational relationships between youth and elders. In June 2019, Generation Connect will hold an inaugural Service Camp, a week-long educational and fun opportunity where teens will engage in meaningful volunteer projects and learn important life skills.
Selected teens will:
- Volunteer in direct service at A.G. Rhodes Health & Rehab of Cobb, a nursing home in Marietta.
- Earn service hours towards graduation or club requirements.
- Gain leadership skills through volunteer management and advocacy.
- Engage in meaningful activities that will enhance a college application.
- Learn about various careers in health care, and work alongside industry experts.
- Make new friends and have fun!
Service Camp Details
- The camp runs Monday, June 10 – Friday, June 14 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- The camp will be held at A.G. Rhodes’ Cobb location: 900 Wylie Rd. SE, Marietta, GA 30067.
- The cost is $100 per student which includes meals and snacks, a t-shirt, a field trip, all expenses associated with volunteer projects, and an end-of-camp party.
Application & Requirements
- Rising ninth through twelfth graders may apply.
- Teens must be available for the duration of the camp.
- Teens who are 18 years old must also complete and pass a criminal background check.
- Applications are due by Tuesday, April 30.
Contact Kim Beasley, Director of Volunteer Services & Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-245-4111.
Generation Connect is a program partnership between A.G. Rhodes Health & Rehab, a nonprofit nursing home provider, and Pebble Tossers Inc., a nonprofit youth service organization and family volunteering resource.