Generation Connect Service Camp
Generation Connect is a program that promotes intergenerational relationships between youth and elders. In June 2019, Generation Connect held an inaugural Service Camp, a week-long educational and fun opportunity where teens engaged in meaningful volunteer projects and learned important life skills.
- Volunteered in direct service at A.G. Rhodes of Cobb, a nursing home in Marietta.
- Earned service hours towards graduation or club requirements.
- Gained leadership skills through volunteer management and advocacy.
- Engaged in meaningful activities that will enhance a college application.
- Learned about various careers in health care, and worked alongside industry experts.
- Made new friends and had fun!
Application & Requirements
- Rising ninth through twelfth graders are eligible to apply.
- Teens must be available for the duration of the camp.
- Teens who are 18 years old must also complete and pass a criminal background check.
- Check back in the Spring of 2020 for more camp details and the application.
Contact Kim Beasley, Director of Volunteer Services & Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-245-4111.
Generation Connect is a program partnership between A.G. Rhodes Health & Rehab, a nonprofit nursing home provider, and Pebble Tossers Inc., a nonprofit youth service organization and family volunteering resource.