Learning more about a home’s quality data can help you make the decision about where you or your loved one should receive care.
At A.G. Rhodes, we are proud of our high-quality care, and we encourage you to review our our data, which highlight some of the most important factors considered when evaluating a skilled nursing or rehabilitation facility. This data is made available at www.Medicare.gov, which is the official U.S. government site for Medicare.
Here are a few tips to help you with your search on Medicare.gov:
- Nursing Home Compare has detailed information about every Medicare and Medicaid-certified nursing home in the country. Simply enter a location and name (optional) in the search box to get data from various nursing homes.
- You can select up to three nursing homes from the search results, click “Add to Compare,” and “Compare Now” to compare them with each other.
- Once your nursing homes are in your search results, click on the “Quality Measure” tab, and scroll down to access quality data for short-stay and long-stay residents.
- When reviewing the quality data, which you can do so in table or graph form, statewide and nationwide averages are also made available.
- In addition to the quality data, you can also review the latest health inspection results, which are commonly known as state survey results. When you find a nursing home or nursing homes to review, click on the “Health & Fire Safety Inspections” tab, and scroll down to see the “Health inspection details”. Nursing homes keep a hard copy of these results in the facility so you may also request to see a copy there.