A commitment to caring, for more than a century.
A.G. Rhodes was one of the first nursing organizations to be licensed in Georgia and is currently one of a few nonprofit nursing organizations in the state. Its history began more than a century ago, and the founding family’s dedication to excellent care for seniors continues today.
In 1875, Amos Giles Rhodes came to Atlanta and soon founded Rhodes Furniture. Through his generosity and dedication to the community, Mr. Rhodes provided the land and funds to rebuild the Hospital of the Atlanta Circle of the King’s Daughters and Sons. This organization was founded in 1897 for patients suffering from incurable diseases.
The new building, which was eventually named after Mr. Rhodes, was constructed at the corner of Boulevard and Woodward Avenue and opened in 1904 where it still exists as our flagship location.
In 1974, the home was reconstructed, bringing the total resident capacity to 138. With the addition of two homes, one built in 1992 in Cobb County that can serve 130 residents, and one built in 1997 at Wesley Woods that can serve 150 residents, A.G. Rhodes serves up to 418 residents.
The family of Amos Giles Rhodes has never wavered from its commitment to the organization. Speak with any staff member, and they’ll tell you that the dedication to excellence that started with one family is a tradition each of us is proud to uphold.